Jim Dethmer and Diana Chapman founded The Conscious Leadership Group to support the
expansion of conscious leadership in the world. The 15 Commitments of Conscious
Leadership, described in detail in their best-selling book of the same name, are at the heart
of the CLG body of work. This training focuses on how to embody these commitments in
your own life and use them in one-on-one coaching with organizational leaders. This
program will not be focusing on group facilitation of the commitments.
What is the 15 Commitments Coaches Certification Training?
The 15 Commitments Coaches Certification Training is a one-year program designed to
support organizational coaches to develop mastery in:
- Living the 15 Commitments
- Holding space for other individuals to live the 15 Commitments
- Coaching one on one clients using the 15 Commitments and other CLG tools
Who is this training for?
- Coaches who already have basic coaching certification or training. This program is not
for people who want to learn the basics of how to coach individuals. We assume that
you already have both coaching knowledge and skill.
- Coaches who already have a coaching practice with organizational leaders (people who
work in organizations as managers and who have direct reports). This program is not
designed for coaches who are just beginning their practice and looking to learn the
basics and build a new business. It’s for experienced coaches who want to learn how to
masterfully embody the 15 commitments and to coach using the CLG process.
- HR/OD/Human Capital professionals who coach organizational leaders as part of their
What is the structure of the training?
- All trainings are facilitated by Jim and/or Diana.
- The training is 12 months.
- We meet in person quarterly—4 days the first session, 3 days the following three—
twice in the Bay Area and twice in Chicago.
- Weekly Assignments
• Practice 30 minutes a week with a peer learning partner.
• Participate at least once a week on the group discussion board.
- Monthly Assignments
• Participate in a small peer practice group via phone or video 90 minutes a month.
Your group will be facilitated by a member of the CLG coaching team.
- Join a monthly 60-minute call led by Jim and/or Diana on the 2nd Monday of every
month at 9am CT.
- Quarterly Assignments
• Provide one recorded coaching session to Jim and Diana per quarter.
• Exchange a separate recorded coaching session with your learning partner and
provide feedback to one another each quarter.
What is the unique value of the training?
- 15 Commitments Coaching Certification
- Access to and use of CLG coaches materials
- Training in how to use all CLG tools and materials
- Practice in using all CLG tools and materials with other coaches
- Feedback. Feedback. Feedback.
• Daily access to a discussion board where Jim, Diana, CLG team members, and
fellow participants will offer feedback.
• You agree to regularly receive mentoring and feedback from all facilitators and
participants about how you are embodying the commitments and using the
• As part of the training you will have four coaching sessions reviewed by members
of the CLG team.
- CLG has a select group of master coaches who have learned to embody the 15
Commitments and our coaching methodology. Periodically we invite others to join our
team. Those who complete our certification training may be considered for our team.
What certification is provided?
You will receive a certification from The Conscious Leadership Group attesting that you
have completed a one-year 15 Commitments Coaches Certification Training. This program
is not affiliated with any other coaching organization.
What are the dates for the in-person trainings?
Training 1: October 12-15, 2018 in Bay Area
Training 2: February 18-20, 2019 in Bay Area
Training 3: June 17-19, 2019 in Chicago
Training 4: October 21-23, 2019 in Chicago
What are the times of the in-person trainings?
Day 1 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM (Training 1 begins at 1pm on Day 1)
Day 2 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Day 3 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM (Trainings 2, 3 & 4 end at 3pm on Day 3)
Day 4 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM (Only Training 1 has a 4th day)
How many people will be part of the training?
There will be a maximum of 20 coaches.
What is the investment?
$18,000 per person per year, plus travel and expenses. After we approve your application,
we require a non-refundable $4500 deposit to reserve your spot. Full payment is due by
July 12, 2018. We expect this training to sell out early, so if you are interested we encourage
you to apply now.
If I can’t pay in full, can I pay in installments?
Yes, for special circumstances, we allow participants to pay quarterly payments before each
What is the attendance policy?
Attending all four quarterly meetings and fully participating in virtual training platforms are
required to successfully complete the training.
What is the refund policy?
There is no refund available after you have registered.
Can I speak with someone who has gone through the training?
Yes, we can share contact information with you of coaches who are certified or near
certification to get their perspective on the experience and value of the training.
How do I apply and register?
- Click below to apply.
- We'll contact you to set up a conversation if you're a match. You can expect to hear from us two weeks after we receive your application.
- Provide payment to secure your spot.