Who We Are and What This Policy Covers
- Our website: conscious.is
- Our other products and services that are available on or through our websites (Products in our store: conscious.is/store and consulting services, Forums, events, and resources at conscious.is/resources).
- External websites and apps that we use for you to complete the purchase our Products and Services (eventbrite.com, shopify.com, printful.com), apply to our programs (forms.google.com), or to sign up for or interact with our mailing list (mailchimp.com).
Information We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so–for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better. We collect information in three ways: if and when you provide information to us, automatically through operating our Services, and from outside sources. Let’s go over the information that we collect.
Information You Provide to Us
It’s probably no surprise that we collect information that you provide to us. The amount and type of information depends on the context and how we use the information. Here are some examples:
- Newsletter Information: We ask for your email address to sign up for our newsletter. Once you sign up, you can add additional information via MailChimp including your name, geographical location, and events you are interested in. None of these are required to sign up for the newsletter; they are optional and you can change or delete your information at any time. You can also unsubscribe from the newsletter list via the newsletter or directly through MailChimp.
- Contact Form: All we require is your email address and comment to send a contact request. We provide other fields that are optional for you to fill in so we can know more about you.
- Download Free Chapter of The 15 Commitments of Conscious Leadership Form: We require your email to send you the free PDF.
- Product Transaction and Billing Information: If you buy something from our store (www.conscious.is/store) your transactions are processed via shopify.com and/or printful.com. We do not sure, nor can we view credit card information, which is processed securely through Shopify.com.
- Event Transaction Information: If you sign up for an event directly on our site, your payments are processed through eventbrite.com. We use this information exclusively to sign you up for the event and to learn more about you in advance of the event.
- Event Applications: We use Google Forms to collect information from you that is relevant to applying for our programs, including, but not limited to, Leadership Intensives, Coaches Training Program, National Forums, Regional Forums.
- Communications With Us: You may also provide us information when you respond to surveys or contact us via an email link on our website.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
- Location Information from Email Campaigns: MailChimp determines the approximate location of your device from your IP address. This allows MailChimp to provide us with approximate information about where—regionally—our subscribers are located.
- Information from Cookies: A cookie is a string of information that a website stores on a visitor’s computer, and that the visitor’s browser provides to the website each time the visitor returns. We use Google Analytics to track site usage, which relies on cookies. We use Google Analytics to help us identify and track visitors, usage, and access preferences for our Services.
How And Why We Use Information
Purposes for Using Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and for the purposes listed below:
- To send you our newsletters
- To send you information you requested about upcoming events
- To complete the application process for an event or training
- To complete purchases and process refunds.
- To change, improve, or add Services based on your needs.
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our Services, which helps us improve our Services and make them easier to use;
- To monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, protect the security of our Services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of The Conscious Leadership Group and others, which may result in us declining a transaction or the use of our Services;
- To communicate with you, for example through an email, with conscious leadership articles, upcoming events, offers and promotions offered by The Conscious Leadership Group and others we think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on The Conscious Leadership Group and our news, industry news, products, and services.
Legal Bases for Collecting and Using Information
A note here for those in the European Union about our legal grounds for processing information about you under EU data protection laws, which is that our use of your information is based on the grounds that: (1) The use is necessary in order to fulfill our commitments to you under our Terms of Service or other agreements with you (2) The use is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation; or (3) The use is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another person; or (4) We have a legitimate interest in using your information--for example, to provide and update our Services, to improve our Services to provide a better experience for you, to safeguard our Services, to communicate with you, to measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our services and advertising, and better understand customer retention and attrition, to monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, and to personalize your experience; or (5) You have given us your consent.
How We Share Information
We do not sell our users’ private personal information. We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- Third Party Vendors: We may share information about you with third party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us, or to provide their services to you or your site. This group includes vendors that help us provide our Services to you (like payment providers that process your credit and debit card information, fraud prevention services that allow us to analyze fraudulent payment transactions, postal and email delivery services that help us stay in touch with you, email support services that help us communicate with you, those that assist us with our marketing efforts (e.g. by providing tools for identifying a specific marketing target group or improving our marketing campaigns), those that help us understand and enhance our Services (like analytics providers), We require vendors to agree to privacy commitments in order to share information with them.
- Legal Requests: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
- To Protect Rights, Property, and Others: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of The Conscious Leadership Group, third parties, or the public at large.
- Aggregated or De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you.
How Long We Keep Information
We generally discard information about you when we no longer need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it--which are described in the section above on How and Why We Use Information--and we are not legally required to continue to keep it.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so, such as monitoring our Services for potential vulnerabilities and attacks.
You have choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Limit the Information that You Provide: If you are on our newsletter list, you can choose not to provide the optional account information. You can choose not to fill in optional information on forms.
- Unsubscribe from our newsletter list: You can unsubscribe via a link at the bottom of any email. You can also email us at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org to unsubscribe from the list.
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (AKA the “GDPR”), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
Contact us at email@example.com to make any of the above requests. EU individuals also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
Controllers and Responsible Companies
The Conscious Leadership Group’s Services are worldwide. The Conscious Leadership Group, LLC, a U.S. based company, is the controller.
The Conscious Leadership Group Inc. 20 E CEDAR ST APT 6A Chicago, IL 60611
How to Reach Us
Other Things You Should Know (Keep Reading!)
Ads and Analytics Services Provided by Others
Source of policy